Friday, February 13, 2015

Still Running!

What have I done ! I've registered for the 2015 Virgin Money London Marathon. I should say Virgin Money have registered me for it.  Through Virgin Money Giving, you can sponsor me and your donations will be quickly processed and passed to the One City Trust (the Lord Provost's charity) and then to my Lord Provost's Rapid Action Fund. The aim of this fund is to give grants to small to medium sized groups and organisations which find it hard to apply for the big grants. The aim is to fight inequalities in the City and narrow the gap between the haves and the have nots.
Half the money raised will also be given to the Jamie Skinner Appeal which is raising money for defibrillators and training in their use in Edinburgh.  
Virgin Money Giving is a not for profit organisation and will claim gift aid on a charity's behalf where the donor is eligible for this.
I really appreciate all your support and thank you for any donations.
Kind regards
Donald Wilson
Lord Provost of the City of Edinburgh
Click here to sponsor my run.